Echidna Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane Theme Suggestions

3 posters

Go down

Plane Theme Suggestions Empty Plane Theme Suggestions

Post  KaoroSorane Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:29 pm

First of all, there's a difference between "TALES" and "PLANES".

A PLANE is the place where the story is being settled, while a TALE is a story happening on that plane. Each of the books hold a TALE, with blank pages, so that you must finish them. But there may be many tales that happen on the same plane (at different times, ex: past and future) and there may be many planes involved in a same tale (if the tale talks about plane-shifting).

Therefore, when we say TALE we're reffering to ONE STORY that passes on the game. When we say PLANE, we're refering to that world, it's geology, it's story (as a whole, doesn't mean necessarily that's gonna be playable on the game), it's politics, it's races, etc.

So, this is a topic for designing the PLANES, not the TALES. Of course, you may add story to it, but it may not be implemented on the game.

Last edited by KaoroSorane on Wed May 26, 2010 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Plane Theme Suggestions Empty Re: Plane Theme Suggestions

Post  KaoroSorane Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:39 pm

Plane suggestions:

- A cold world, as in a giant antarctica. Penguins all around. May have a volcano (yay).
- An underwater world, habitated by undines and other sea creatures.
- A steampunk-ish world.
- A futuristic plane, with it's story passing on a space station. "Destroyed worlds" sounds cool here.
- A desertic world, with dozens of pyramids and enigmas.
- A natural world. Giant forests, elves, nature-lover creatures and magic.
- Your suggestions here.
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  ricmax Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:53 am

An post-apocaliptic world, with undeads and/or some survivors (maybe "the apocaliptic" can be a war or something, and not the real-bible-thing).

A hot world, with 4 suns. The climate could be desert like, but if all these suns could only light 3/4 of the world (the world was static, without rotation or translation)? 25% of the world was an frozen piece of thing. And we could have both Ice and Fire creatures FIGHTING each other (the player can have his/her ass kicked to).

Maybe later I come up with more of those.
ricmax
ricmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Seshiro Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:21 pm

Aren't we going to use the book stuff?
Using that system we could go to any plane we want. Think that we could have the "Book of Babylonia", "Book of Atlantis", "Book of Cydonia", etc.
Seshiro
Seshiro

Back to top Go down

Post  ricmax Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:50 pm

Yeah, here we're modeling Planes to use when we make the book tales.
We could use "real" places like this ones that you say, but we can use new ones. That's what we are doing here.
ricmax
ricmax

Back to top Go down

Post  KaoroSorane Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:24 pm

Maybe, instead of the world that has static suns being frozen in one part (it's actually pretty weird, because for the planet to be 75% illuminated, with 3 suns, they'd have to be 45º inclined from one another with the planet as a referential, and not 90º, or otherwise they'd illuminate the whole planet), we can make it have frozen areas and really cold areas (maybe it doesn't retain heat, so the places without sunlight are cold like hell crap).

It actually gave me an idea: What if the worlds have a real day and night? Because in most games, the maps never change from what they are. We could make a day/night system, where the character asks the server for that plane's time when he enters the plane.

This could be interesting, because there may be monsters that do only come out at night.

Last edited by KaoroSorane on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  ricmax Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:32 am

That's not an option, in my opnion. It must be done. Day/night open a big array of things to us.
I mentioned this only to have a world "static". Something like this could be fun!

Somethings that I want to put down on game to:

Eat/Drink - The char NEED to eat and to drink. (they can do some party too Laughing )
Sleep - It could be necessary for your health? (you know, at least 5 or 10 minutes each x hours of play. The off-line Time could be used as "sleep" as well)
Bathroom - Omg, if you can eat and drink, do your **** must be done!

Some real things for the real gameplay. Cool
ricmax
ricmax

Back to top Go down

Post  KaoroSorane Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:13 am

ricmax wrote:Somethings that I want to put down on game to:

Eat/Drink - The char NEED to eat and to drink. (they can do some party too Laughing )
Sleep - It could be necessary for your health? (you know, at least 5 or 10 minutes each x hours of play. The off-line Time could be used as "sleep" as well)
Bathroom - Omg, if you can eat and drink, do your **** must be done!

Some real things for the real gameplay. Cool
This game is turning into The Sims Online... lol!

I think Mabinogi uses a system where the character must eat. I've heard it's bad on the beggining of the game because food is expensive and you don't have enough money as a noob. Still, I like this one, so if we can think of a good way for implementing it (like maybe hunting for food), I don't see why not.

But the sleep and bathroom things are weird.
We may even add these, but they'll surely be really strange.
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  ricmax Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:00 am

It can be strange in the beginning, but WHO CARES? *cought-Seshiro-cought*

XD
ricmax
ricmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content