Echidna Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Profit

2 posters

Go down

Introducing Profit Empty Introducing Profit

Post  ??? Profit! Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:03 pm

Hi, I go by the name ??? Profit! and I am a hobbyist pixel artist. And I really am very hobbyist so I might not be able to contribute much. It all depends on my mood and whether I have something more important to do... But I hope you respect the little things I make... Smile I can also give feedback and so on. I don't code and I am not going to learn it, btw. Smile

I got the impression that it is not sure whether the game would be 2D or 3D so if you decide to take the 3D route, I am not able to do anything, except maybe textures (not much experience) Sad

Because I might lose the interest in pixel art, I prefer to only start small projects.

I really enjoy Open-Source games and the whole idea of OOS is respectable. That's why I googled some interesting projects what I could help.

??? Profit!

Back to top Go down

Introducing Profit Empty Re: Introducing Profit

Post  KaoroSorane Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:00 pm

Welcome to the group, huh.... profit???
Kind of a weird name, you know... lol! (by MenInASuitcase)

Cool, so you're a graphics artist! =D
Don't worry about not being able to contribute much, everyone here just helps with what they can. The project is everyone's. (by LittleGirl88)

About the 2D/3D thing, the majority of people have voted for making the engine run 2D, so in the end all the images will be static .jpg or .png files that we'll import to the game as textures, no 3d files at all.

What we have been discussing on this matter is something slightly different: There was a suggestion that we'd create the graphics in 3d modeller softwares and then render them into 2D sprites, but I think that one's also not gonna go on. Both Seshiro and scrag have been saying they prefer simple-2D ones. =)

By the way, I'd like to mention that you're free to do anything you want in this community, create any posts you want, express your opinion, do whatever you'd like to. This group has no leader, it's collective and belongs to the world. Just, please, don't spam (from DeviantArt)

Anyway, glad to have you on the group. ^^
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  ??? Profit! Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:57 am

I guess I'll do some stuff on the weekend. Maybe some tiles. Of course, you may request something. Smile

??? Profit!

Back to top Go down

Post  KaoroSorane Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:57 am

We still don't have all the concept done at that point, so if you wanna do something, go ahead.
After all, this project is also yours. (from DeviantArt)
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  ??? Profit! Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:37 pm

Btw, is there a SVN of some other online repository where I can see the stuff what has been made?

??? Profit!

Back to top Go down

Post  KaoroSorane Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:58 am

There is a wiki for codes, but I stopped posting code updates there until I'm sure the codes have no errors. And although that had already happened, I soon realized I'd have to recode everything I had done so far, so there's still a small time until the next update.

As for the graphics, we haven't started that part yet, we were more focused on coding and designing the game. I was thinking about creating a SourceForge page, but I'm a bit lazy about doing that.
(from DeviantArt)

If you want, you can create one. Like I said, this is a completely open project, there isn't an "admin" (ok, there IS one for the forum, but no one uses it). ^^
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum