Echidna Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game TimeLine

+2
KaoroSorane
ricmax
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Game TimeLine Empty Game TimeLine

Post  ricmax Wed May 27, 2009 5:47 pm

World TimeLine (for reference. Click here)

1. Ancient World (real old ones Cool );
  2. Ancient Egypt (3150 BC to 31BC);
  3. Roman Empire(31BC to 2nd Century);
  4. Middle Ages or Medieval (around 9th Century);
  5. Crusades (around 1095 and 1291, some campaings last to 15th Century);
  6. Venetian (18th century);
  7. Modern Days (19th to 20th Century);
  8. Nowdays (21th Century to TODAY);
  9. Futurist (from tomorrow);
  10. Apocaliptical (in the End of the World).

That only the Game Timeline, not the Theme.
We can use, for example, a Phantasy Game with the NowDays. Or a "Real-Based" Game from the Apocaliptical Times.
ricmax
ricmax

Back to top Go down

Game TimeLine Empty Re: Game TimeLine

Post  KaoroSorane Thu May 28, 2009 2:16 pm

Interesting...

Umm... What if we create different playable planes? This way each plane could have a different time, story and npcs. It adds flavor. For this, each plane would have a portal leading to other planes.

The portals could either take to a single central plane, and this one would have portals to anywhere, OR there could be different portals on different planes, and some portals do not take you near any other portal.

This is my suggestion, please tell what you think.
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  ricmax Thu May 28, 2009 8:36 pm

Hmm... You mean like Chrono Trigger, for SNES?

I love the time-travel thing (and Chrono Trigger was the second best game EVER, only losing to The Legend of Zelda series). But we can do this like quests.

Something like: "Oh my god, you're stuck here, in the past with all those dino! Do something, help us, and you can go on." Smile

Seems pretty good to me, but it's a difficult task to maintenance that type of StoryLine.
I like the idea to fight side by side with Julius Cesaer or help the Crusade to hunt down their enemies.

But with the idea of 2D grid, and shooting, some action will realy need to be envolved.
ricmax
ricmax

Back to top Go down

Post  KaoroSorane Fri May 29, 2009 6:44 am

Actually, I was thinking more among the lines of parallel realities instead of time travelling, but we can do that too.

Plane-shifting Characteristics:
- Can have any kind of weird plane we think about, like a "cake world" (just an example)
- Easy storyline for quests and meeting players
- Every map is different, which means more diversity of areas, consequently more flavor.
- Open design space. New planes can have anything that comes into mind, without having to worry about affecting other planes.

Time-travelling Characteristics:
- More flavorful quests, which require you to travel through time and redo/undo things.
- Harder to keep the timeline concise.
- The same map in different times will be similar, which means easier development.
- Bound by timeline, every time-reality will have to be thought carefully in order not to mess up with it's own other realities.
- Past influences present, so by making changes on the past of a plane, the present time will also be changed, which is a flavorful element.

We can even do both, if we keep a few possible time-realities at each plane (remember Oracle of Ages?).

But we need to pay attention to one thing: If we use both, we'll have to put few planes and/or few time-realities, otherwise we'd end up with a zillion maps where the players would never find each other.

If we do this, I'd suggest only two time-realities (Past and Present) per plane, to keep it simple.
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  ricmax Sat May 30, 2009 8:35 am

Indeed, putting the TimeLine and PlaneShifting together comes up a lot of ideas on my mind.

Oracle of Ages really are something! Very Happy

So, we can take that first idea of OoA and mix it with Chrono Trigger (I like to compare ideas and real examples).

Something that I was wondering about:
-*What if we make a recursive game? (a game game?)
-**What if we make a mirror game? (a game that really look like it, but walk more like a movie)

* A Game about Games. More like plane-shifting, but with less headshake.
** A Game that give to player the free-like-felling, but walk right on our hand. A LOT OF WORK, a big plot and a M*F* engine.
ricmax
ricmax

Back to top Go down

Post  KaoroSorane Sat May 30, 2009 9:19 am

I like those ideas.

A game about games? Sounds interesting, I wonder how it'd come out.

The second is awesome too, but I'm a bit worried because the plot is never the main focus of an MMO game, specially because we cannot alter the world since other players are not in that part of the game yet.

Or can we...?

Maybe we can get a good focus on the plot if we add cutscenes, animations and that kind of thing.

And party quests are our opportunity of getting a lot of plot interaction, since inside party quests, every player is on the same part of the game, and outer players cannot see it.

HEY, wait a minute...!

You just gave me an idea with that recursive game thing. We could do something similar to FF:Tactics Advance or Myst - the user reads a book and enters the story of that book (which is a plane). He carries his books with him, so that he can go back or change planes whenever he wants to. Each story (plane) has a plot, which you must go through, helping the characters and all (ever player Kingdom Hearts?). This way, you're "writing" the story of that plane (both literally and non-literally, since it would fill the empty pages on the plane book).

Once you finish the plot of a plane, an NPC may give you (or you may find) a book to another plane.

What do you think?
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  ricmax Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:43 am

lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!

Really man, what do you eat on your breakfast?

That was some piece of... GOLD!
To the hell with kingdon hearts, that was some kicking-ass idea (with I almost write "ideia"Razz).

Man, I'm your fan.

That way, when you have a book, you can only enter quests with players that was making the same quest (book).

I really need to keep that idea when making the codes.
You light my fire again man! The last time that I has this fire was when I finish The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (and that game was some Gold-stuff, doesn't it?).

Let it rip! Laughing
ricmax
ricmax

Back to top Go down

Post  KaoroSorane Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:55 pm

Glad you liked it, but hey, it was YOUR idea. ^^

With that in mind, we can start designing the planes, their stories, quests, etc.

ricmax wrote:(with I almost write "ideia"Razz).
Lol...
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  scrag_10 Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:08 am

Anyways I suggest 1 world where anything goes, cavemen, vikings, modern people, cars, horses, guns, swords, magic, cities, pyramids, ninjas, pirates. So basically all timelines at once >_>

scrag_10

Back to top Go down

Post  KaoroSorane Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:48 am

It's possible, but the main idea was focusing the planes on their book stories.

First we were going to create the plot for the plane, then we create only the maps that belong to that story. If we create a tale about merfolk, all of the maps on that plane are going to be of underwater sea and they are all related to the story somehow, but that doesn't mean that the whole world is submerse, there may exist land on it, but it's unimportant even if it does.

However, yours is a good idea, reminds me a bit of Steampunk, and I think that creating a steampunk-based storybook may be interesting.

An idea I was thinking was that we may have different races on the game. If we do, each one of them would belong to a different book, and would start the game on that story. After the player completes that story, an NPC will give him (or he will find) some books to other planes.

If we do this (each race belonging to a different plane), I think we should keep a small number of races (two or three), and keep their stories quite small. If the initial books have large stories, the player would end them overleveled to the other planes' stories when he got their books.

There are three options for this: First, we could make the initial planes' quests harder for outcomers than for people from it. This is important even if the stories are short, since in the early levels it's easier to levelup.

Second, maybe completing the story of your plane involves travelling to the other initial planes and doing quests there. I like this one a bit more because it allows you to meet newbie players from other races in the very beginning of the game, specially if you an a friend want to start the game together, but want to be of different races.

Third, we could throw this away and either not put races or put them all starting on the same plane.
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  KaoroSorane Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:06 pm

By the way, remember we were talking about having the player travel to future or past on a specific plane?

It just occured to me that we may create books that are about the SAME PLANE, just their TALES are different. So we can make a player get a book where he travels to the past of a plane and then get a book where he travels to the future of it. And the choices you made when you visited the past would surely alterate that plane in it's future.

Because in the end, every book is just a story you're living in.
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  ricmax Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:39 am

That's really something man.

I loved the ideas (mines, yours and scrags).

I need to work a lil on they, but I think that I've a good one here. Very Happy
ricmax
ricmax

Back to top Go down

Post  ricmax Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:38 am

I'm coding some stuff, I'll post it later here. I think that you guys will like it.
ricmax
ricmax

Back to top Go down

Post  iHussain Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:14 pm

hi

I read all the ideas and they are really cool

I will give my opinion and some of them are been already posted

first I will give you my idea of the classes I didnt find anywhere to post them

how about we do class combination

like we have these 6 level one two similar classes we will get the level 2 classes

1-black mage
2-white mage
if we combine them we will have a wizard
that can cast both white and black magics

3-Warrior
4-Dragoon
if we combine them we will have a Knight Class

5-Thief
6-Ninja
if we combine them we will have assassin class

now we have the level 2 classes
we allow the players to combine them to get the third level

Wizard+Knight = Red Mage
Wizard+Assassin =Samurai
Assassin+Knight = Dark Knight

And so on

Now on the topic
The universe, we have planes let's say two planes
Each plane has difference race and can be accessed in three time periods the past, present and the future and does have different technologies and culture obviously
1- Earth with Humans
2- Demon world with demons
As we all know each race is good in classes like Demons good with warrior, black mages and thief Classes and human white images, dragoon and ninja classes…etc.

The player choose the plane s/he wants
He will be on the present period, after time he can portal in the time(past or future) and to different planes and so player can learn different classes, skills and stuff.

I have more ideas I will be posting later

regards

iHussain

http://mypage.na.square-enix.com/iHussain

Back to top Go down

Post  KaoroSorane Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:11 pm

Your idea of combining classes sounds pretty good. Reminds me of FFTactics actually.
But if we do that, let's try to keep a small amount of hybrid classes. Too many of them would take too long to design and possibly make the game a bit boring because of variety.

As for the plane thing, it's another possible suggestion. Which one do you guys prefer?
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  Seshiro Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:10 pm

ZOMG!!! I sense a lot of originallity here. When I read "Chrono Trigger" I thought about a f#ck damn portal to go any time, so your chara could be dressed like Romans B.C., and then going to an apocalyptic future with guns and that stuff.
¿Problems there? MANY OF THEM, we cannot think every player is going to change equipment at any places the'll go.

The book idea is SUBLIME, I want to give some ideas based on that.
You cannot expect, wizards and warriors will have the same story, because the items they'll get as the story follows must be completely different (I'm not saying that will we be giving rewards all the time, but if you save the cat from the tree, grandma will give you a cookie Wink I don't know if the idea got clear xDDD).
Then, if you're from a race, you'll be in a town of people of the same race (if you're keen on races).

Making different stories depending on the race and/or the job will make the game more addictive, because, if you get banned, or you forgot your password, you'll get bored of starting the same story again, you could just start a new story with a different character Wink.
Also, if you happen to END the story, and you're looking for more, you could make a new chara to play another different stories.
The idea of having multiple books is awesome, think about making some rare books, being dropped by strong monsters randomly or appearing at the end of huge dungeons, could be another interesting feature, people selling those books at high prices, just to play a new quest to get a rare item or just to know more about the story Wink.
¿problems here? US, we'll have to work A BUNCH if we want to make this happen, and remember we're a few people, so we will have to make this project releasing it by modules, we could never expect to releasing the entire game at once, we could start from the bottom and making the warrior and the wizard campaign, then the ninja and so on. That could awake the people's interest, imagine, I have a warrior, and then I see the game gets updated, and there's a new campaign, I'll start a new campaign with the new job Wink.

Another thing that could be awesome, is starting the game from the end (sounds crazy, I know). We're in a huge war, and apocalyptic and futuristic end, then the destiny book (¿?) is parcialy erased to avoid apocalypse. So you start in the past, with your book (which represents your own destiny) knowing what will happen in the future.
I'm trying to invent a new crazy story, to avoid using FFTactics's one, I don't want people to start playing the game and noticing it's THE SAME beginning as FFTA xDDD

I'm just trying to give ideas, I'm drinking gallons of tea so I'm hypersensitive xD

Forget about the races, we could have different races on the world, but not players, I think only with humans as players we have enough Wink
Seshiro
Seshiro

Back to top Go down

Post  ricmax Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:48 pm

I think the same.
Maybe we could do a new race playable, but let's focus on humans first.

Anyway, we could do something about the equips, but it must have something to do with the main plot. Something like: "Your Plasma Gun could not be used here in Rome. Please use another weapon.".
ricmax
ricmax

Back to top Go down

Post  iHussain Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:41 pm

well,
its a fantasy game after all right?
I think not allowing some equips for the period of time would be annoying for the gamers

I think we should give em this one

about the tales

I think the idea of each race/class has its own tales that for sure

tales could be quests

like if they want to unlock the next class s/he has to do a quest

or to learn a new skill or magic he has to go to a master and the master asks him/her to do some quests

sorry I messed up XD

iHussain

Back to top Go down

Post  KaoroSorane Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:00 am

Seshiro wrote:¿Problems there? MANY OF THEM, we cannot think every player is going to change equipment at any places the'll go.
It reminds me of Megaman ZX, where you have two forms (at first, later you get more), a robotic one and a human one. The people of the town freak out if you talk to them using the robotic form.

We could do something a bit like this, where to be able to get a quest with some NPC, you must unequip stuff you might have gotten on a different time. But if we do this, I think we should only do it for ONE npc or two, because requiring the character to review his equips whenever he wants to talk to an NPC is lame.

Seshiro wrote:You cannot expect wizards and warriors to have the same story, because the items they'll get as the story follows must be completely different (I'm not saying that will we be giving rewards all the time, but if you save the cat from the tree, grandma will give you a cookie Wink I don't know if the idea got clear xDDD).
We could make some quests/places only for some characters (like the coliseum for warriors or the magic guild for mages).

Seshiro wrote:Making different stories depending on the race and/or the job will make the game more addictive, because, if you get banned, or you forgot your password, you'll get bored of starting the same story again, you could just start a new story with a different character Wink.
Maybe it doesn't depend too much on your class/race, but on your choices throughout the game. For example, you might happen to fail a quest for saving someone, which would chain a series of other events on the next stories you play. But I highly recommend we don't make it crucial (meaning it only alterates the story, and if we give different items, they must have a similar cost and power), so that the player will not be forced to restart the game because he/she chose the wrong answer.

Seshiro wrote:The idea of having multiple books is awesome, think about making some rare books, being dropped by strong monsters randomly or appearing at the end of huge dungeons, could be another interesting feature, people selling those books at high prices, just to play a new quest to get a rare item or just to know more about the story Wink.
Since books actually teleport you to a whole new tale (which is a huge part of the game, I highly doubt it's gonna have more than 10 tales at first), and some of them might be crucial for other tales, I think we should avoid making them monster drops. If we do it, let's do it only with one or two side stories.

Seshiro wrote:Another thing that could be awesome, is starting the game from the end (sounds crazy, I know). We're in a huge war, and apocalyptic and futuristic end, then the destiny book (¿?) is parcialy erased to avoid apocalypse. So you start in the past, with your book (which represents your own destiny) knowing what will happen in the future.
Maybe you need to find something/someone which/who is the only thing/person that can stop the destruction of your plane, so you start to look for him/her/it at other planes by visiting them with the books.

You'd probably get the game tutorial, for commands and battle, on your own (collapsing) plane, and someone (an old wise man, of course, haha) would give you your first book.

Seshiro wrote: to avoid using FFTactics's one, I don't want people to start playing the game and noticing it's THE SAME beginning as FFTA xDDD
I think that if we give the player a lot of books (one for each tale), it's more like Myst than FFTA. =P

Seshiro wrote: I'm just trying to give ideas, I'm drinking gallons of tea so I'm hypersensitive xD
lol!

Seshiro wrote:Forget about the races, we could have different races on the world, but not players, I think only with humans as players we have enough Wink
I agree. And if we want other playable races, we can introduce them later.
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  ricmax Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:15 am

Seshiro wrote:
I'm just trying to give ideas, I'm drinking gallons of tea so I'm hypersensitive xD

lol![2]
ricmax
ricmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Seshiro Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:17 pm

ricmax wrote:
Seshiro wrote:

lol![2]
That's not funny!!!
More than 4 litres of tea can drive you crazy xDDDD
Seshiro
Seshiro

Back to top Go down

Post  KaoroSorane Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:22 pm

Seshiro wrote:More than 4 litres of tea can drive you crazy xDDDD
Can we please get back to the topic? Razz
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  ricmax Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:52 am

XD
ricmax
ricmax

Back to top Go down

Post  iHussain Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:57 am

back to the topic
;o
as I said I think we make the weapons are free to use

time are past,present and future

the tales started at the present

that's my opinion

iHussain

Back to top Go down

Post  ricmax Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:48 pm

Well, I don't think a good Idea if a player could use a Machine Gun against a knight (a past-mob). You know, it will throught it's armor and kill it instantly!
ricmax
ricmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next