Echidna Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random stuff...

3 posters

Go down

Random stuff... Empty Random stuff...

Post  ??? Profit! Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:01 am

Okay, I post some art I made here... The style is the simple one I recommended in my other topic...
The purpose of this thread is to show I am doing something Neutral Not much yet but I'll edit this post when I get stuff done.

If we decide to use hearts to represent HP then here is some...
Random stuff... Heartsd

??? Profit!

Back to top Go down

Random stuff... Empty Re: Random stuff...

Post  KaoroSorane Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:59 am

I'm not sure wether we'll use hearts or not because this is an MMO game, but I like the idea.
Maybe you can get one of these hearts per level. And since they're really small, you can get a whole lot of them.
It really eases the game this way. And the hearts are cool, too. ^^

What do ya think, guys? Should we use hearts as life markers or normal hp-bars?
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  ??? Profit! Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:02 pm

Random stuff... Tilesetd

Tree is very random and based on the TLoZ: LttP tree... I wanted to test doing one.

More to come soon (I hope). I am also working on a mock-up including the hearts, btw. Slow progress, of course. Very Happy

??? Profit!

Back to top Go down

Post  KaoroSorane Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:14 am

Great. I'll be using it for the echidna code tests. (from DeviantArt)
I just wish the tiles were a bit bigger. ¬¬

By the way, you don't have to worry about making square tiles or tiles with sizes = 2^n. The engine I'm coding allows you to make tiles that are 87x53, and the character will still move normally through it. ^^
Even better, the character will take the same time to move horizontally or vertically, independing of the width or height of each tile, or on the size or number of frames of the character-moving animation. It handles any sizes by itself.

I think you can even make some tiles bigger than others on the same map, but that would be REALLY whack and glitchy, so please don't try it.

The game window will be 800x600, but the user can select the screen size of his choice later, just that larger windows might get a black background if they're larger than the map, and also larger windows = more processing time for the double buffering = possibly more lag.
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  scrag_10 Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:45 am

Those are good.

also neat that it doesn't have to be a power of 2

scrag_10

Back to top Go down

Post  KaoroSorane Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:22 pm

Well, it's a good habit to keep it as a power of two, BUT that's not necessary.

I really was thinking about making 80x60 tiles. They're big enough so your character is visible in details, and you can fit a 10x10 map fully on the screen that way, without black borders.

EDIT: Forgot of warning: Even though it does, in fact, move through the tile perfectly, it does not ensure you that it will obey the exact time you set to the movement. If the division of ( time / pixels ) does not return an exact value, it will ignore the remainder. It also takes a small time for mathematical operations.
This difference between the set moving time and the real moving time is possibly never gonna pass 10 milliseconds.

As a standard, I don't recommend you to set a delay time that's less than 5 times the amount of pixels.
I'll try to make it recognize and skip a few pixels in order not to make this delay significant.
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  KaoroSorane Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:27 pm

Aaaaaaaaaand there it is.
It now skips pixels. (from DeviantArt)
I've been overloaded with work from it recently. (from DeviantArt)
KaoroSorane
KaoroSorane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down